Millions of people visit the famous Tall Ships Races and Regattas every year… and thousands of you take part in them. These events have become so big that they are now Europe’s largest free, family festival.
The Tall Ships Races take places during the European summer months. We organise up to two Regattas every year – usually in the late summer, sometimes in spring. Every eight to 10 years, we plan a major Trans-Atlantic Tall Ships event – the last one was the Rendez-Vous 2017 Tall Ships Regatta. And we also support a number of endorsed events.
We hope the Tall Ships Races and Regattas reflect our values. We want them to be:
- A fun, outdoor adventure activity.
- A voyage of self-discovery, teamwork and acceptance of others.
- A way to promote diversity, international friendship and understanding.
We start planning all of our events four years in advance – it sounds like a long time, but there’s lots to think about and we want to make sure they’re amazing.
- We’ll announce new events as soon as all of the participating ports are confirmed.
- Once we announce an event, we invite the international fleet of Tall Ships to submit entry forms to take part.
- After the vessels have signed up, it’s down to you. They will be looking for enthusiastic crew like you to sail them… and we’ll post all the information you need to get involved.
- Take a look – there might be a ship out there with your name on it.
The PDF version of our Future Races, Festivals and Events can be downloaded here.
Would you like help finding your adventure?
Email the Sail On Board support team at email@example.com, or give us a call on +44 (0)23 9258 6367. We’ll happily answer all your questions, and try to solve any problems you might be experiencing.
Here at Sail On Board, we want everyone to experience a rising sun on an open ocean; the feel of the wind of your face and the taste of salt spray on your lips … but we know this isn’t possible for everyone.
So, if you can’t make it out to sea, there is an alternative way to take part with online virtual racing – or ocean couch sailing, as we like to call it.
Sailonline.org is a community-owned sailing game providing a realistic, entertaining and educational platform for those who love the sea and sailing, wherever they may be around the globe.